Sunday, June 28, 2009

Lazy Day

Today is Sunday. Sitting around in my grubbies watching tv and pretending to concentrate on my class that starts on Tuesday. I have papers to grade, grass to cut, a dog to walk, Church to attend, naps to take. Naps. That's what I'll do.

I have been working on a kid's book series. I love teen and young adult literature, because I never really grew up. My wife tells me I'm still a ten year old, and I tell her that as soon as I get my jet pack up and running, I'd show her! Actually, being a perpetual ten year old is pretty cool, except if you slip and act that way in public. I remember walking down the hall of the university singing "Ooh Wah Diddy Diddy Dum Diddy Do" to myself and turning a few heads, but not in a positive way. And then all the administrative types at Kean think that I'm a "problem." "Not a team player." The Jesuits used to tell me that I was not attentive to the vow of obedience. I thought ok, as long as they don't tell my Mom.

The series I'm working on is a fantasy series. Thank God for JK Rowling bringing fantasy back. I love fantasy and science fiction because I can go to cool places in the universe, or invent cool magic things like psychodelic lawn grass or cookies that make you a genius for ten minutes at a time.

2 comments:

  1. I want to write a kid's book too (middle grade novel). I think we're all kids at heart. =)

    I'm going to write a piece of contemporary fiction. I've got my outline written and started on chapter 1, but my summer linguistics course is sort of weighing me down. I don't tell many people I have writing projects though or I might reveal too much or start making promises. I should finish this piece before next semester starts though. Oh, there I go again. That was almost a promise.

    It's true that fantasies and science fiction are amazing. I'll be following your journal and see what you'll be coming up with, if you don't mind. Good luck and have a nice day. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I don't know how you were able to land on my blog, but thank you for following. I appreciate it. =)

    ReplyDelete